You planned your hunting trip over a year ago so don’t wait until opening day to drag your ATV out of Storage. Hopefully your not one of those riders that only starts their ATV or UTV During Hunting Season. If so, when is the last time you actually started your ride?
Incase you aren’t marking off the days until Deer Season starts, it’s getting very close. In Indiana Archery season starts October 1st so theres only a little over a month to get things ready.
What is the current condition of your ride? If your ride has been sitting since the end of last deer season, chances are you have some work to do before your ready for the trails. We have put together a short check list to make sure your ride is ready for dragging that Big Buck back to the truck.
1. Check the condition of the battery. Clean any corrosion and maintain full charge with a Battery Tender.
2. Check All Fluids for condition, level, and leaks. Drain and refill with new fluid if required. (Oil, Trans, Gas, Differential,and Brake)
3. Brake Check. No, not the brake check you use on tailgaters, were talking about a function test to insure the brakes are working properly and the Brake Pads have plenty of life left.
4. Tire Check. Make sure all four tires are round and inflated to the correct pressure. The proper pressure can be found on the sidewall of your tires.
5. Check all the cables for proper function and adjustment
6. Check the Lights, Winch, and any other electrical accessories for proper function.
7. If you do need repairs but there’s no time on the schedule, get your ride into the shop now so you can beat the rush.
Now my favorite part, give that ATV or UTV a good shake down ride. Insure everything is in good running order so there are no surprises when it’s time for the Big Haul. Heck you might find out how much fun it is to just get out and trail ride and maybe develop a new hobby for the off season.
We would love to hear from you, please leave us your thoughts in the comments.
1. Whats the biggest deer you’ve ever bagged? If you have a picture share it on our Facebook Page!
2. Whats your deer slaying weapon of choice? (Bow, Rifle, Shotgun, Car)
3. Whats the best spot to hunt from? (Tree Stand or on the Ground)
4. What do you do in the off season for fun?
image credits to Google image search